Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Looking ahead....ugh...

While I am glad that the pain will be gone (at least once I pass the recovery phase), I am not really looking forward to Oct. 19.  The reason..I am facing surgery  (BOS) .  These are the initials of a really long string of scientific words that basically amount to one thing....I will have both ovaries removed..so in essence, my hysterectomy of 6 years ago will be more or less 'completed.' 

With this surgery, I will face some choices...as I have learned that there are risks with choosing to take hormones and with refusing them as well (due to my age).  If I were 50 or older, it would not be a factor.

So, please pray for wisdom in decision making, the least invasive type of incision, and the quickest/best recovery as well as a clear report from pathology (you know everything removed during surgery  goes there..it does not mean the doctor suspects anything bad).

 If everything goes as planned, I will be able to come home the same day and I will have a few small incisions with only about a one week ban on driving and hopefully not too much longer after that before I feel back to normal. 

Also, please pray that I will remember all the details I need to tend to before surgery and that they will be taken care of easily :)  I am making my list and checking it twice...but somehow it seems to be growing...how does THAT happen??? 

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and prayers!!

No comments: