Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Three in ONE day

WOW! I cannot believe that I am doing THREE things in ONE day that are new to me.

First of all, I am starting a blog. This is a new thing for me, and I hope I will learn quickly how to do this with the expertise that all the younger bloggers seem to have. It will be a neat way to keep people up to date on our very busy lives and hopefully, it will be an encouragement to my readers.

Secondly, I donated blood for the first time since moving to Alabama in 1989. Oh, I have "donated" a lot of blood for medical reasons over the years, but it felt so good to give just to help someone else that I don't even know. We were driving thru a parking lot in Madison, and I saw the big 'bus' and and told my DD...let's just see. Needless to say, she enjoyed seeing me getting stuck....and watching the bags of blood fill up.

Thirdly, my DD and I are going blueberry picking tonight. I have picked blackberries and grapes and all kinds of veggies before, but never blueberries. So, that should be fun. We're going to make some muffins later on....I'll try to post photos:)

No comments: