Wednesday, December 10, 2008

One of 'those' days.....

Ever have one of "those" days? Today is a day where I have LOTS of things to accomplish and limited time in which to do so. Well, wouldn't you know....Abigail finished her math in record time as well as her other work and we headed off for Sciquest for her class there.

As I was getting my stuff together, I placed my car keys on the seat instead of in my purse, and of course, locked myself out of the van!! I had gotten distracted by something else and just did not follow thru with my normal pattern:(

I had a full hour's worth of errands to accomplish while she was in her class and somewhere I needed to be within 30 minutes of the class's end, but since it took the locksmith almost an hour to arrive, I spent the hour waiting.....without a book to read....without paperwork to assess....with nothing to do but WAIT!!

Did I have an extra key in my purse? Of course not!! Could Bruce help out? Well, not from Louisiana he couldn't.

Amazingly, I breathed a quick prayer of gratitude....had this happened in a different location or at a different time, it would have been more inconvenient. And, had I not been a AAA member, it would have been a costly mistake too.

I had to take care of one matter of business while in town, so I made sure I was not causing an issue to be a little late to the next place I needed to be. Thankfully it was not an issue, so I managed to take care of the most pressing need, get to KG's on by 1 p.m (only a half hour behind my original arrival time) and have a bit of time in the afternoon for another obligation or two. I still have one thing to take care of, but doing it tomorrow won't be the end of the world.

SO, I had an eventful morning. Thankfully this afternoon has been much more normal. And, I hope that my evening choir rehearsal will go smoothly as well.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Yes, I've had days like those. I'm glad you didn't have to fork out a lot of cash to get your car unlocked. I have so much to do today, but who wants to get out in this nasty weather? Not I!

Mrs. Laura Aquila, the teacher said...

I quickly ran to the grocery store and post office this morning. Bruce is working from home today since he did not get in until 1:15 a.m. and into bed even later than that. So, while Abigail took her tests and finished her work I was able to go. The weather is quite yucky and I think Abigail and I will hop up on the bed and read for a while:)