Thursday, November 4, 2010

lazy bones.....

Two weeks have passed since my surgery (well actually two weeks and two days)...and I still feel like a big old LAZY BONES!!!  I returned to the doctor for my post-operative visit on Monday (a bit earlier than scheduled..because I thought an incision was infected).  While the incisions were healing pretty well to the outside... I learned that the stitches that were supposed to be dissolved were not cooperating...thus causing some issues..not really an infection, but an inflammation.  So, Dr. Purvis removed those stitches and that problem was solved :)   I also had been battling a secondary infection since just after the surgery (unbeknownst to me).  It was fairly mild until last Friday...but enough to make me feel a little icky and finally escalating to a point that I was having some pretty notable symptoms.

Now I am on antibiotics for the infection and meds for the spasms....and if I can just get over this allergy/sinus stuff, I think I will be feeling almost normal again!

At the visit, I got my pathology report and praise the LORD!!!!  the mass was not malignant...though it was large (half the size of the ovary) and the type of mass it was is known to be quite painful. 

I will return for a follow up visit two weeks from today...and we'll discuss my next round of treatment.  Every case is different....and in my situation (because of age and family history) I have decided to follow the protocol until I reach my 50's unless there is something that pops up along the way to let us know that is not wise.

My advice to anyone reading....listen to your doctor...but also know your body and do your homework..then prayerfully make the choice as to how you will proceed.

No comments: