Thursday, January 22, 2009

What's happening......

I apologize about this photo...none of the pictures I took came out very clear. I am hoping I can get them lighter when I develop them. This picture, if you could see it, would show 22 ladies at a weekend Crop Til You Drop 2009 scrapbooking retreat that I hosted Jan. 16-18. We had a LOT of fun and got a lot of work done too.


This photo shows Abigail with her fraction blocks. We started school again on January 5 with a few subjects and were back into things full swing on the 6th. She seemed to learn her fractions well....as she made a 100% on her test this past Tuesday. Now we are moving on to multiplication:)



Things have been 'slow' around here for the most part. Bruce is working a lot and traveling too. We are just doing the normal stuff....nothing super noteworthy during the first few weeks of January. We have stayed healthy, and for that we are grateful!! Things will be getting busier soon...so keep checking back for updates. I'll try to be better about posting them:)

4 comments:

Christy said...

It's a good thing to not have a lot going on, don't you think? That means no crisis of any sort, no over-booked schedules, etc. We are definitely enjoying the slow times. Next week we're taking a break. I'm trying to implement a school year-round schedule, which means we take a week off every month. I'm hoping this will help me not to burn out and will help the kids to not forget what they've learned like they so often do over summer break. We'll see how it goes. Thankfully I know I can change again if this doesn't work well for us.

Michelle said...

Are you in the front row in the scrapbooking photo??????????

Mrs. Laura Aquila, the teacher said...

Christy....I do like the slower times. Bruce's work schedule has been very hectic with lots of travel and much overtime in between trips...so I am glad that we have stayed pretty healthy and that there is little else going on. I LOVE the year round school idea. I'd love to get your opinion of how it works for your kids once you have done it for a few months.

Michelle....yes I am on the front row....but the smaller person is not me...I am in the middle in a big baggy sweatshirt that was not too flattering. I am standing beside Teresa in the wheelchair.

Michelle said...

I picked the right one as you. I could still really tell you have lost weight in that picture. I'm sure that sweatshirt was not that big and baggy at one time.