Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Less of me.....

This title really has two meanings......both hopefully applying to me as I begin my 42nd year.

First of all, the Lord has really been showing me a lot of things thru my prayer time and reading. And, I feel like I am slowly learning to have less of "ME" and more of "HIM" in my life. I am finding that I turn things over to Him more quickly and my life is so much better because of it. Makes sense, doesn't it??

Secondly, I weighed in this morning and have lost another 4 pounds in the last two weeks. There were some periods of time where I had some minor ups and downs...lose a pound, gain two, lose three, gain 2....so things were back and forth, especially over the holidays. But, since I started this journey in July, I have lost a total of 22 pounds. Now, with that being said, I still have another 40 to go...but that is okay..I know I will make it.

So, as we see each other over the next year, it is my prayer that there will be less of ME to see.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I'm trying the less of me spiritually thing. I want to try the less of me physically thing, but after my holiday bust on the sugar thing, I'm just not motivated enough yet. I'm proud of you, though. You're doing great!

Mrs. Laura Aquila, the teacher said...

Thanks! It is hard work....it was a LOT more fun putting the weight on.....yes, some did happen because of medical issues beyond my control at the time, but too much was from eating for the wrong reasons.

As far as spiritually, it is a process....and it has been a painful one at times...but the rewards are GREAT!!!