Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The last day of 41......

It's hard to believe that this time tomorrow, Feb. 4, I will no longer be 41. Turning 40 really did not bother me at all. And, neither did turning 41. I don't think 42 will be so bad either. Maybe it's because I am commited to making some changes in my life....I look better and feel better (and younger) now than I did when I turned 40:)

But some things have definitely changed since I left my 30's and even 20's. I see GRAY in my hair way more often than I used to. Ooooo, and wrinkles and creases on my face.... And those high heels I used to wear just don't feel so comfy any more. And, I really REALLY must have my rest at night...no more pulling an all nighter to study for a test or work on a project....if I do....I PAY big time for a few days afterwards!

But, considering that the alternative is NOT being here with my family and friends, I'll take getting older. I know where my final home is, but am truly enjoying my earthly home for the moment.

So, goodbye 41!!!! Hello 42!! Well....at least I have another 15 hours before I am 42:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, what'cha want for ya Birthday?
Oh, yeah...
Ur, "WELCOME!" sign -> ( the -> is an arrow pointing to ur "WELCOME!" sign) says 41. You need to change it...
B-Bye!
Love,
Purr-fect Pets

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Laura! I hope it's a great one! I completely understand the whole gray hair thing! I'm already starting to see gray myself and I just turned 31. Oh well, there's things that can take care of that problem :)
Congratulations on your good health! I know it's quite a journey and comittment to eating healthier and exercising. I've had baby weight with both pregnancies that has taken me about a year to get off each time and when you start seeing the results of your hard work it really is encouraging. I'm glad you are doing so well and feeling so well!
Happy Birthday!

Mrs. Laura Aquila, the teacher said...

Thanks Amy! Yes, I have discovered some very nice colors in a bottle :) Thankfully since my natural haircolor is lighter, I have not really had much obvious gray...sort of looks like highlights (or at least that is what I tell myself:) And, yes, getting healthier is quite a journey....but I am on the right road.....and seeing success does make it easier to continue:)