Thursday, February 19, 2009

Special girl...


We surely do love our special little lady. She is a sweet child....but she does have her moments. Don't we all???

I was just thinking that it really cannot be almost nine and a half years since she was born!! These years have flown by way way WAY too quickly.

She is growing up way too fast....which means I am getting older too....

After reading a fellow bloggers special story about how her son came to be a part of their family, I am reminded of our story as well. God's faithfulness and his providing just the right child for us at just the right time. Praying, fasting, anointing, waiting, crying, seeking medical treatment, ...but still, it came down to waiting......lots of waiting. Those quiet times from God were SO hard...there were times of utter silence from Him that were SO painful, but He knows best, and when He did speak......it was worth it all.

I am utterly convinced of the power of 2 Corinithians 1:3-4. God HAS used our pain and struggles to minister to others in the same situation....and for that, I am grateful as well.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Sweet girl, sweet parents!

A Squared said...

I love your blog so much, mrs. Laura, Alaina

Mrs. Laura Aquila, the teacher said...

Thanks to you both:) I enjoy reading both of your blogs regularly.