Thursday, March 19, 2009

Angel Ivory

One of my projects over spring break was to paint. Now, lest I get way overwhelmed, I chose to simply stick to the foyer so that I could start and finish a task in a short amount of time...which is a good thing for me :) The foyer, living room and dining room have never been painted since we built the house in 1996 and I learned while working today in the foyer that the contractor's paint used originally is.....well.....a bit inadequate. Let's just say that my small foyer area used 3/4 of a gallon of paint....soaked it up like a sponge in NO time flat!!!

Anyway, I went from a beige color to "Angel Ivory". Sounds nice and pretty....and it is....basically a pale yellowish off white with a pretty name. Nice and neutral....which is what I wanted in the foyer and living room areas. When I turn the corner into the living room, I will continue with this color and when I do the dining room, I will be using this color above the chair rail with a deeper shade below. Since I have some 'color' (either greens or yellows) in other rooms, it is nice to have the neutrals here.


BEFORE>>>>>> Another before shot...
After..notice the slightly more yellow color..... I think the true color shows a bit better in this photo...plus you can see the new curtain :)
AFTER>>>>

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks good. I like it!

Christy said...

very pretty.

Mrs. Laura Aquila, the teacher said...

Thanks! Now to get on around the corner to the living room done...

Karen said...

You did a great job. It really looks nice. Karen