Friday, March 13, 2009

Sick days and more.....

It has been busy around here....from me with a UTI and the antibiotics that made me even sicker to Abigail with a stomach bug that kept me pretty busy caring for her. But, hopefully we are 'on the mend.' She is eating a little now....and keeping it down which is a good thing. I did not take any photos. She would have "SHOT" me if I had. Her hair is just long enough that it needed to be pulled out of her face to avoid being part of the mess when she gets sick. So, I pulled the top up in a little scrunchy and she told me she looked like Frankenstein????? Not sure that HE wore scrunchies????

I am grateful that we are on the mend....and just in time for spring break. Today, we have some bits and pieces of school work to finish....stuff we would have done yesterday if she had not been sick. So we'll do that since we are still 'confined to the house' until at least late afternoon since she will not have been fever free for 24 hours until that time.

Tomorrow (Saturday) I get to sing the National Anthem at the opening ceremony of a Karate Tournament. I am very excited about that! Then we'll probably do my normal 'Friday' shopping that I could not do today since Abigail was not at school and I did not have that 'free time' to do my grocery/Sam's/Walmart run.

Somewhere in there we'll be packing for a trip to visit family in Georgia, because on Sunday, after church, Abigail and I will head there while Bruce heads to a work related function. Poor guy..he'll be at home well before we return.

We are looking forward to our break, both there and here too. I have a painting project in mind when I return as well as some time with a friend or two planned:)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah that was bad.
PS It's your own child. Pika Pika and Goodbye.

Anonymous said...

This isn't anything 'bout the post, but I think you should write a book. And you can tell who this is 'cause who always tells you that you need to write a book? I thought so. PS Your security word is, "Spook la".

Christy said...

Sorry you both have been ill. Enjoy your break. We are waiting until the following week to take ours. We like to go camping and it's less crowded when we go a different week. The down side to that is that my kids don't get as much play time with their friends who follow the county calendar.

Mrs. Laura Aquila, the teacher said...

I hope you all enjoy your break when you take it. Sounds like you will have fun. We have done that before, trying to coordinate with Bruce's work/travel schedule...needless to say, it did not work well for her since all the kids in our neighborhood were out playing and coming by every.single.day. to see if Abigail could play :(

Anonymous said...

Yo! Can you do a new post? I'm not sick anymore!!!
It's the sick person, well, not sick person anymore.

Anonymous said...

reading this a little late, but still glad you are better Karen