Friday, July 24, 2009

Weigh in time.....

Just a quick little tidbit of info.....

Princess and Allie have been on a quest for better health for a few months. Yesterday, they had a weigh in and showed some very positive results. Allie, the beagle, has lost 9 pounds since her last weight check. She is now pretty much at her ideal weight. Princess has lost anywhere from 15-25 pounds depending on which day the scales were correct..LOL! She now weighs 101 pounds and is only 10 pounds from her ideal weight.

I had another weigh in yesterday, and have lost a total of 42.8 pounds. I am still eating right and exercising regularly with a bit of jogging sprinkled in there. The rate of loss has slowed, and I have been on this trek for a bit over a year now. I feel good, and will be having labs done today, with a visit to the doctor next Friday to go over the results and with the suggestion to her that we make some changes/deletions in a medicine or two since nothing has been adjusted since I have lost weight. I am probably still at least 10-15 or maybe even a bit more from my goal....not sure what that really is, as I will keep on eating right and exercising and when my body stops losing, I will know that I have reached my goal :)

I am very grateful to the Lord for His help in this process. Without a lot of prayer and the support of my family and friends, this would not have been possible. But this time, God provided just what I needed and took away the distractions that made it more difficult for me in my past attempts. I am glad to be on the path to better health, so I can serve Him and my family and my friends much better.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Laura, I am so excited for you! I have been meaning to tell you how great you look, I can really tell you are losing weight. You are so right though, eating healthy and exercising are what is most important. I have recently started Pilates, I am hoping it will give me more energy. I've also been able to snack on delicous summer fruits like peaches and strawberries, yum yum!
Keep up the great work, you look wonderful!

Pam said...

That is wonderful. I am so proud for all of you!

Mrs. Laura Aquila, the teacher said...

Thank you. I do feel better, and like you, I am enjoying the wonderful fruits and veggies that are so abundant right now. Making healthy choices and staying active are my 'physical' goals..not so much a number on the scale. I am going to try to run a 5K breast cancer run in the fall for my health, but mainly to help others. Abigail and I are going to do that together :)