Friday, July 31, 2009

Wonderful Lab Results :)

Today I saw Dr. Kolb and we discussed my lab work that was done last Friday. I was SO tickled at the numbers. Only one thing, chloride, was a bit out of range(only one point though)...but in looking at the overall pattern of this one element, it was not out of line really as it was always at the high end of normal...so nothing to be concerned about.

My Hemoglobin A1C, a measure of my overall diabetic control over a three month period, was 5.7. For a NON diabetic it should be 4.0-6.0....so I almost scored like a non-diabetic. Yea!!!!

My cholesterol was 98 (should be under 200....maybe 150 for a diabetic). My triglycerides were 73 (should be under 150), my HDL was 49 and my LDL was 34 (should be under 100).

My iron looks good (yea)!! as it has been low a lot in the recent past.

I have lost 21 pounds on her scales since I was there in March....and I was the lowest weight I have been in I don't know how many years?????

I am coming off my diabetes injections (remaining on the pill only) and also coming off of my two cholesterol meds as well. I will go back for follow up labs in 3 months, and if the numbers still look good, we may decrease those remaining meds a bit unless they are closer to getting too high.

I am excited to be on this journey to better health...and when the results keep coming in good, then it motivates me to keep on going :)

Thanks for your support and prayers. I truly do appreciate it.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow! Those are some pretty awesome numbers! Congrats!

Pam said...

That is so wonderful! Congrats on those awesome numbers.

Mrs. Laura Aquila, the teacher said...

Thanks!! I am pleased with them...and hope to keep them pretty low, even with the reduced medication.

Christy said...

Wonderful! Way to go!