Wednesday, July 1, 2009

She's gone.....

I can hardly believe my 'baby' is old enough to go to church camp/Kids' camp for the first time...but alas....she is. On Monday, I took her to the church and put her on a van with some other very giggly girls and one very brave chaperone.

This year the group was small...only five girls...but in a way I am very excited. These girls are the core of our youth group 'to be'..at least the 'female' core group in years to come. This is a great opportunity for them to begin to bond now...in a way that they'd never get to otherwise. They are in various grade levels...various parts of town...various schools...so this is a really awesome opportunity on top of the fact that they are getting some great teaching and having lots of fun.

Here is a photo of them checking in...well four of them anyway. The fifth girl was meeting them there a bit later on as she had to come over from a family function in Atlanta.

The photo is sort of dark, but Abigail is the third from the left. The people at camp took this photo and posted it on a parent site so we could log on and see our children. We had to dig thru hundreds of photos to find it..but I am pretty determined :)

If you think of the girls...say a prayer for them. They are scheduled to return Thursday afternoon...full of stories, giggles, and hopefully more full of things the Lord has taught them....and probably QUITE tired too.

3 comments:

Pam said...

I hope she has a wonderful trip. Will be praying she has an awesome time of fellowship and more with her buddies.

Rebecca Setzer Schroeder said...

Laura I have just begun to read your blog and wanted to comment here. I am so blessed and thankful that that these girls had this time together. As my Abigail is coming along and looks to all of them it means a great deal that she has wonderful "peer leaders". This bond here is tremendously important to our church and I am so thankful that you also see that!

Anonymous said...

You HAD to call me your 'baby' in front of the intire World-Wide-Web???