Saturday, June 27, 2009

Green Peas....

Lake Winnie and cousins and other things were a fun part of our time at Granny and Granddaddy's house, but June 18 arrived....and it was time for me (Laura) to return home. But, Abigail was scheduled to stay with my parents for a few more days so that Bruce and I could have a couple of days alone to recharge our batteries and celebrate our anniversary.

One of the fun things Abigail got to try was shelling green peas. Granny picked them from the garden that morning..then they shelled them together. Granny cooked them later that day and they had them for dinner that night. I think Abigail enjoyed her first attempt at shelling peas. And, I KNOW she enjoyed eating them along with some of Granny's homemade mashed potatoes :)



..here's a pea in its pod....
...I'm working hard......
..this is fun.....

..TWO peas in a pod....

1 comment:

Christy said...

I have wonderful memories of helping my grandmother shell peas. I miss those days.