Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday Fun and More....

Today is my normal 'weigh in' day. While I don't normally consider that "fun", I was excited by the results...a loss of 2.8 pounds. I have had a loss the last two weeks. Prior to that it would be a small gain, then a small loss and over the long haul I was not making much progress. Since the second week of July, I have lost 18.8pounds in a healthy way, by making good choices. I hope to get to the 20 pound mark next week and hopefully at least stay there thru the holidays, even if I don't lose much more. I will have to work hard to keep it off with all the temptations around:(

I also ran by the doctor's office and got my flu shot. Again, not fun, but with Bruce being sick (and we don't have a diagnosis yet...as he's on his way to the doctor right now), I did not want to delay any longer in getting it. And, even though the nurse gave the shot, I ran into my doctor. She's decided to join our scrapbooking group for a retreat in January, and one of her nurses, also a client of mine may come as well:)

Abigail is at school and I am going to have fun cleaning. I DO actually enjoy cleaning and organizing, but just don't have the time to keep things like I'd like. It is amazing how busy the homeschooling keeps me...and even though I am at home, I cannot do as much housework as I feel I need to do.

Abigail is excited because she has been saving her money including a nice gift from her trip to see Granny and Granddaddy last month. Finally, with today's allowance she has enough to purchase a new game she's been wanting for some time.

Tomorrow is the Alabama and Tennessee game. Bruce and his sister Mary will be watching it on tv together. Mary works for Vanderbilt now, but since it's less than a 2 hour drive, she'll come for a weekend visit and hang out with us tomorrow.

No comments: