Monday, October 20, 2008

a full heart



What a wonderful weekend this was for me!!! I dropped Abigail off at school on Friday morning, then returned home for a few hours before leaving to go to The Lodge At Gunter's Hollow in Fayetteville, TN. This photo was taken there...and while all of the attendees are not pictured, this is probably all but 3 or 4. I had been here before (for a scrapbooking retreat), but when I walked in, I was again amazed and impressed at how nicely Dave and Maureen had built and decorated this beautiful place. It was set up just perfect, and I had checked into my room, had a snack, finished preparing the goody bags and had done a few other things well before the first person arrived.

We had such a wonderful time of fellowship around the craft tables, in the den, at the meal tables, in the prayer groups and during the main sessions. Mrs. Lois did a awesome job of sharing with us what God put on her heart....we were chuckling one moment and crying the next.

The weather was just beautiful and the scenery was magnificent. Even though I ended up with just one roomie (as opposed to three as originally planned before illness and other issues changed our attendee list a few times), she and I did not see too much of each other. She was a late night owl (not in until midnight-ish long after I had gone to sleep) and I was the early bird (awake a little after 5 a.m. and out of the room and upstairs by 6 a.m.), but it was okay. We each enjoyed the fellowship of each other (we did end up at the same table at meal times) and many other ladies while there.

I returned home on Saturday afternoon a bit tired, but enjoyed some time alone (taking care of a few things while Abigail spent time with a friend and Bruce watched the Alabama game), then with my family.

Today at church we celebrated our 109th anniversary. Again, just being reminded of the history of the church and God's faithfulness over the years was SO encouraging. Then, tonight, the Lamb family (four high school to college aged siblings) shared an incredible gift of music with us. Thankfully we could 'bring them home' on CD and we did so. Even Abigail enjoyed the beautiful stringed music they played:)

No comments: