Thursday, May 21, 2009

Busy, busy....

We are here....I have not forgotten my blog...just busy trying to finish school and keep Abigail healthy :)

We will finish school on Friday, May 22. We have slowly dropped subjects off as she has completed her requirements in each subject, but we're doing math, reading and writing until the end :)

Abigail is sick with allergy/sinus stuff. We ended up making a doctor's visit yesterday since she was complaining of ear pain. She SO rarely says that anything hurts, so when she does, I know we need to investigate. With the huge amount of congestion she's had lately, I was thinking that we might be dealing with an ear infection, but thankfully we are not. The congestion itself was causing hear pain. So, he added another medicine (decongestant/asthma type medicine) to help her on a short term basis. Hopefully the grass pollen will drop off soon and she'll be back to normal.

We are looking forward to the summer...it will be more relaxed than some in the past we are hoping. We will be doing the library summer reading club, church camp, VBS at the church where she attends Friday classes, and swimming lessons....and LOTS of play time with family and friends we hope. We intentionally did not schedule any sports camps, sciquest camps, or other things along those lines this year. I think we just need some down time. Plus, I will be teaching several children's scrapbooking classes here over the summer at various times, and I need time to prepare for that as well as the Alabama History class I will be teaching this fall. And, I will still have a few piano and voice students during the summer.

Of course, I have a 'to do' list that is a mile long....and I will try to tackle that in between other things, but most of all, I hope to enjoy time with my little one who won't be little for many more years. And, hopefully Bruce will have some down time on the weekends and will actually get to take and enjoy a week off during June as well so that we can have some family time together. Believe it or not, we will be celebrating 20 years of marriage in June!!!!!

1 comment:

Pam said...

Glad Abigail is feeling better. This allergy/sinus stuff is rough!
I am planning on making my kids volunteer at the local nature center, work at VBS, and dd is volunteering with hippotherapy for handicapped children.
That seems like enough to fill our summer!