Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Our concerts......

One of my favorite things to do is to teach music lessons to children, and even to adults and teens. I have done this off and on for years...really since I was a teen myself. Last summer, after taking a break of a few years for a variety of reasons, I found that I was ready and able to resume teaching piano and voice lessons again. So, by word of mouth and some emails sent out to various homeschoolers that I knew, I started growing my little group.

Today, we had some little concerts....a very informal recital of sorts. The children played/sang a few songs they chose and worked on in recent weeks. Even Abigail, who has not consistently taken lessons in a while, played a couple of songs. I think she was motivated by what the others did....and she's ready to start back to regular lessons this summer :)

These are not all of my students...a couple did not participate for various reasons. Also, the young lady in yellow and the young lady in black/white stripes, do both voice and piano. The rest of the students pictured do piano only. The other two students who did not participate today do voice only.








2 comments:

Pam said...

I wish I could interest my kids in playing the piano. No such luck. It looks like everyone had a great time.
Imagine we both have the same twenty year anniversary. How cool is that? (I think I just hopelessly dated myself.)

Mrs. Laura Aquila, the teacher said...

Well, I guess that makes us about the same age--LOL!!! And, by the way, our wedding anniversary is also my mom's birthday AND my brother's wedding anniversary (he got married on our 6th wedding anniversary). So, my mom cannot forget that day!!