Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers' Day !!!

What a wonderful Mother's Day I have had so far.....and my family isn't even up yet :) I say that because, for the most part, we celebrate on Saturday with gifts and going out for a meal so that Sunday can be a day to go to church and relax at home afterwards.

Abigail spent a great deal of time making me a special scrapbook which mentioned things about me...what I smelled like, what I did when she was sick, which book we enjoyed most together, what I sounded like, ... and it was a very special gift :) She and Bruce also got me a bracelet, two hanging plants for the front porch and a new drill I had been wanting. Really!! I had been wanting it for a while!!!

We then went to dinner at Shogun, a Japanese place where they cook in front of you. The rice and veggies were WONDERFUL and even the meat was good, though I find I am not wanting to eat much meat these days.

We relaxed at home afterwards....and these photos show a little of our 'pre mothers' day' activity.

What a wonderful day to remember those who are moms or like moms to us. I am very blessed to have a wonderful mom, a very sweet mother in law and even one grandmother still living. But there are other ladies in my life who are pretty special too, and I'll be sure to let them know they are appreciated today also.

I vividly recall a few times ten to twelve years ago when this day was sad for me in some ways. We really wanted to be parents, but after many years of trying, it just had not happened. I would come home from church and just cry....While I was grateful for what I had at the time, I also felt that sense of what was missing in my life and it was very obvious on that day. So, I would encourage you, remember that there may be a lady who is not feeling so joyous. Maybe she has lost a mom or a child....or maybe she has never had the chance to be a mom even though that is her heart's desire. A hug or a thank you would be appreciated I am sure. I know it always touched my heart.

...hanging one of my new plants...
...I LOVE my new drill/screwdriver...after about 8 or 9 years, my other finally just died and the battery could not be rebuilt really for the price of a new drill...
...Abigail chose this bracelet...I love it because it will go with anything....
....this is the inside of my special book.....
...and this is the outside of the book she made...very cute, and I will cherish it always....I had just made spaghetti a day or two before, and she mentioned that a LOT in the book :)

2 comments:

Christy said...

Looks like a great day. I'm so happy you have Abigail - she's a joy to many people. You are a great mom. I know because it shows through your great daughter.

Mrs. Laura Aquila, the teacher said...

We had a lot of fun enjoying the day. Thanks for your kind words about Abigail. God has truly given us a great blessing in her. And, likewise to you....Your children have such wonderful hearts and they are always SO respectful.....a testimony to the great parenting you and Dwight do.