Saturday, November 1, 2008

A funny thing happened on my way to the lab Friday morning.....

A friend of mine had given me several pairs of shoes some months ago. They had been given to her, but did not fit her right. I was QUITE excited to get a few pairs of shoes in great shape, but since they were darker colors and more 'cool' weather styles, I put them aside for a while.

I wore a couple of the different pairs last week, but today decided to try these really cute little mary jane sort of shoes. They had a nice little black rubbery heel. Well, I walked Abigail into school, and as I was returning to the car, my left foot felt a little off balance. I figured the previous owner must have had a different way of carrying her weight and perhaps they were worn down on one side. Never did I actually examine the shoes though.

Well, I got to the lab to have some blood drawn and I got out of the van and started walking. The more I walked the funnier my left foot felt. Then I looked down, only to see a trail of something black behind me. By the time I reached the building, most of the heel had fallen off in the parking lot. I went in and got my labs done....what else would I do since I don't typically carry extra shoes with me???

On the way out, I noticed the right heel was doing the same thing too! So, by the time I made it to the car, most of my heels on both feet were gone. It was quite strange walking like that.

Thankfully, my only other required stop was at a drive thru, so I did not have to walk anywhere else in those shoes. I did not even bring them into the house....as black powder and sometimes black chunks trailed me every step I took. So, I just stopped in the driveway and deposited them in the trash.

And, to think, they were really comfy shoes....if they only had kept their heels.

1 comment:

Christy said...

That's so funny, and weird!