Tuesday, November 4, 2008

VOTE!!


I voted!
Originally uploaded by eudemon616
I guess I must be getting older, because I can remember voting in quite a few presidential elections. I remember coming home from college just to vote in the 1988 election...it was the first time I was able to vote for a president!!

Sometimes my candidate of choice has won.....sometimes not, but I feel it is important to vote regardless. Many men and women have paid a very high price for us to have this freedom, and we should not take it for granted.

As someone wisely pointed out the other day, regardless of who wins, God can use that person.....maybe even to humble our nation (which does not sound like fun at all).

In Titus 3:1-2, we read "Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work, to slander no one, to avoid fighting, and to be kind, always showing gentleness to all people." In 1 Peter 2:13, the Bible says "Submit to every human institution because of the Lord,..."

Regardless of who wins, as believers we should obey and pray for our leaders, even if we don't agree with them on all points or even if we don't really like them a whole lot.

No comments: