Friday, November 14, 2008

Walking in a Winter Wonderland...

Last night, we were able to walk thru the Huntsville Botanical Gardens to see the Galaxy of Lights up close. It is the first time we have done a walk thru as a family, but I am sure it will not be the last.
When we do the drive thru, this is always one of our favorite parts....going thru the snowflake forest.
The castle was very neat, so of course we got a photo with Abigail in front of it. Our MOST favorite thing, the nativity scene did not photograph very well. I guess I need to learn a little more about how to use this new camera so I can get better night time shots.
Abigail really did not want to take this photo, but it was one of the best I got. Santa's red showed up really well.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I can't believe the lights are up already! Crazy!! I doubt we will go through again, though.

Mrs. Laura Aquila, the teacher said...

They usually have them up two weeks prior to Thanksgiving, to allow for members only and public walk thrus. Then the drive thrus open up either on Thanksgiving night or the day after....so they start early. I like the walk thru, but the drive thru is nice too. It is one of our annual family traditions:)