Thursday, November 20, 2008

Pumpkin makes you silly....

After Abigail's final art class for this semester, we enjoyed lunch at The Olive Garden. Abigail enjoys making people laugh...can you tell???
Silly silly girl...I guess the pumpkin did that?!?!?!
It's funny. Neither of us really like pumpkin pie, but each fall, if we time it right, we are here when they have Pumpkin Cheesecake. This is so yummy. We got a piece to share.
Abigail is my bottomless pit. I ordered a 'choose two' appetizer of stuffed mushrooms for me and chicken tenders for her. She also had a kid's meal of macaroni and cheese. She ate at least 4 breadsticks and a decent sized bowl of salad and most of the cheesecake as well. The meal was pretty cheap because the salad/bread came with her meal and she got to 'share' with me (as the waitress put it). Even with the dessert, I spent just a little over $20 and that included tip AND a bottle of their salad dressing to give as a gift.

2 comments:

Christy said...

yummy. I don't know if my kids would like Olive Garden, though. They prefer Mexican, which I do as well, so that works out. I do like Olive Garden occasionally.

Have you seen people making up definitions from their word verifications? I think it's clever and funny. Here's my attempt:
My word verification is barbagge.
What happens when your Barbie doll is too old to enjoy. "The girl could no longer enjoy playing with her aged Barbie. Therefore, she threw it in the barbagge.

Mrs. Laura Aquila, the teacher said...

How fun! I 'll have to try that word verification thing...if my brain is working when I send a comment. I LOVE yours...quite creative.

One thing about having a 'bottomless pit' child...she'll eat almost anything at almost any time. She's not so big on Chinese or Mexican all the time, but will eat it if 'in the mood' for it. But, she's always able to find something on the menu she likes. (ie., Casa Blanca's pollo con papas fritas--chicken with french fries)