Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ten Things You may not know....

I was inspired by a fellow homeschooling mom's blog recently and wanted to do something similar. So, there are ten things about me you may or may not know....

1. I am a morning person....I am up by 5:30 a.m. most mornings and out for my morning walk shortly after 6 a.m. But, by 9 p.m. I am starting to get ready for bedtime.

2. I enjoy reading a LOT and can quickly read through a book, given the chance. Lately I have taken to using the library and Paperbackswap.com to allow me to read a lot of books for almost no cost.

3. Music is something I really enjoy, and it often speaks to me more than anything else. I like all types of music from orchestral to opera to contemporary Christian to some light rock, easy listening and country and many other things in between. And, I don't own an IPod. I have an online play list and lots of cd's.

4. I have a really hard time being the person who is the 'bad guy' in a situation, but I am learning that if the person needs to hear something that they won't like, and God is telling me to be the messenger, I had better do it whether I want to do it or not. Still, this is hard as I'd rather just keep the peace.

5. In general, I am a trusting person who makes friends pretty easily. But since I am by nature an introvert, I have to work really hard to talk to people and start those friendships. Many times I am pushed way out of my comfort zone, and in recent years, I have become more willing to 'go there' which has allowed me to meet and become acquainted with some really neat people. In general though, I am much more comfortable in a smaller group setting. Large crowds are stressful for me.

6. My family is very important to me. I am grateful that my focus is able to be on them and their needs and I have been able to deepen those relationships in so many ways.

7. Homeschooling is a very challenging job, but one of the most rewarding I have ever done. The teaching itself is the hardest I have ever done...yes, even more so than teaching 33 sixth graders!! But, I get great feedback and I know immediately if I have to reteach something or if we are ready to move on.

8. Scrapbooking is therapeutic for me:) I enjoy reliving the memories as I scrap them. And, I enjoy seeing the joy on the faces of my friends and relatives as they look thru my books.

9. From an overall standpoint, I think Thanksgiving might be my favorite holiday. It is a great time to reflect on all that God has done, and it is a great day to spend with family too. It is also not so 'commericial' and that is really nice. Of course, I love Christmas and Easter and for what they mean to my faith and they are definitely favorite holidays too.

10. I am grateful for all that God is teaching me about myself and the choices I have made. Some lessons have been hard or even painful to learn, but even with that, I am seeing that He is teaching me to lean on Him even more, and I am grateful that He is there for me all the time.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Wasn't this fun? It's neat to learn things about each other. Now we know that if we are to ever go on a retreat of sorts together that we should NOT room together. LOL! I mean, you being a morning person and all. Unless, of course, you are a quiet morning person, then I guess it'd be OK.

Mrs. Laura Aquila, the teacher said...

He, he, he! On retreats I usually stay up late and still get up early (quietly:) so I am really tired when I get home. But, I have fun in the meantime..... Maybe we should plan a homeschool mom's retreat?!?! I know just the place:)