Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Birthday dinner and gifts unwrapped

On Bruce's ACTUAL birthday, we headed to dinner at TerraNova's, a local Italian place that is quite tasty. He got his usual, Shrimp Scarfo, which I have to admit, is probably about the best dish they make. I usually try to get a different thing each time I go, but I don't think I have had anything better than that there yet. It certainly did beat the manicotti I got. Abigail's 'old world' pizza was good too as were our salads and the bread.

Once we got home, we gave him our gifts. It was SO hard to know what to give him...but after a lot of thought, we decided on a new Bible, a giant print NKJV. He likes his his KJV which I learned was also giant print, so he may not start using the new one for a while...but...oh well..... But, I do think he appreciated the other gift...a book of blessings. I had contacted friends and had them write notes of encouragement or memories they had of Bruce, then I compiled them into a book. He sat and read the whole thing last night..laughing and smiling a good bit. I think it did make his day. I encouraged him to turn to that book if he ever doubted that he makes a difference in people's lives:) us at the dinner table at TerraNova's
Daddy opening the birthday card Abigail made with Auburn on the outside (but Alabama on the inside)
Bruce holding the 'book of blessings'
..and here he is reading the book....I think he enjoyed it a lot...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DUH he enjoyed it a lot! Even I (bold) enjoyed it!