Sunday, April 5, 2009

Dog day

Yesterday, Abigail and I hung out, as Bruce was busy with work. After her soccer game, we headed out for a full day of errands. After stopping by Target to pick up an item Bruce needed that I have only been able to find at Target, we noticed LOTS of dogs/puppies available for adoption outside Petsmart. So, we stopped to look....JUST TO LOOK. Well, I am a bit partial to beagles and there was a beagle mix (beagle, blue heeler and some other hound type) there that immediately won my heart and Abigail's too. Oh, if only we did not already have two dogs...that 'baby' would have been very likely have become a family member of ours if we could have convinced Daddy. Abigail just sat there talking to her and petting her for a half hour. She named her "Freckles" and what a perfect name...she was covered with the black ticking marks and had the long black beagle ears....what a doll! She had such a great temperament...like almost all beagles I have ever met, but unlike our own Allie.

We also had a long talk about our Allie. It was a sad talk, but we said that if she keeps on acting the way she does, Princess may get frustrated and really hurt her. I felt that Abigail needed to realize this. Allie is very aggressive towards other animals (we finally have the people behavior under control thankfully).

We finished the day off with a 'dog' movie....so we had a great day that revolved around a topic we both love....DOGS!!!!

4 comments:

A Squared said...

I really want another dog, so I wish that I saw the beagle, and if I thought it was a nice beagle then I might just get my mom to get that beagle, see ya Mon., Tue., Wed., and maybe Thu.

Alaina,

Anonymous said...

I WANT FRECKLES!

Mrs. Laura Aquila, the teacher said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

It does sound like a loving little dog. I hope it found a great home.
Karen