Thursday, April 9, 2009

exhausted....

What a busy week this has been......You have to remember we are normally busy, but on our 'own' schedule. This week, we have had to be up and out the door early....breakfast fed, dressed, dogs fed separately (and in Princess's case, I have had to hand feed her every morning because she is so distracted she won't eat if I don't), showered, snacks packed, bags/totes packed (gotta have reading material...just in case). Because we have been taking (Abigail) and administering (me) Stanford Ach. Tests at the school, we have been out the door by the time Abigail is usually just getting up and eating breakfast on a normal day. To top it all off, Bruce was in Oklahoma (he got home about 11:30 p.m. last night) and I have had a major sinus/allergy problem and the meds have taken a while to start working at all. So, I....am.....exhausted!!!!!

Today, like most other days this week, is filled with activities AFTER testing that will require us to be gone for a good part of the day. If things go smoothly, I will be home about 4:15 p.m. Thankfully, I should be able to STAY home then.....I hope.

Wish us well as we 'finish strong' today with testing and then 'wait patiently' for results.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Boy, do I know what you mean! I am utterly exhausted, too! Unfortunately our weekend isn't going to be any less busy. Today Dwight and I are driving two hours to TN for a funeral (unfortunately). When we get home I need to clean the house for Sunday. We're hosting the Easter dinner for the 1st time ever. We're not going to do the traditional ham, though. Dwight's going to grill chicken quarters, so that will help me a lot. Oh, and Saturday morning the kids and I have to be up at the church at 8:00 to hide Easter eggs, then make it to DRESS rehearsal by 10:00! I think I want to go hide under a rock until Monday - or maybe even Tuesday. =/

Mrs. Laura Aquila, the teacher said...

Sounds like a good time to take a teacher workday on Monday!

I got up today feeling pretty rough...so I am trying one more medicine that might help (mucinex with a "D" instead of the plain that I had here). If that does not help..I am out of options.

I hope your weekend goes well..sounds like you have a lot going on..Yeah for Dwight and the grill...that does make things easier doesn't it??

A Squared said...

I am feeling a lot better! Thank you for asking that! :) I will see you next week! :)