Saturday, April 11, 2009

Princess and slimfast......

Our sweet Princess has had quite a week!! She has been acting strange...waking me up anywhere from 3-5:30 a.m. each night needing to go potty...which is very odd for her. Well, on Wednesday morning, I noticed a great deal of bleeding so I called the vet and took her in yesterday. After some testing, he determined that she was not in heat (we had her fixed when she was a pup, but sometimes a little piece of ovary is left and starts producing estrogen and cycles a few years down the road), but that she had a super nasty recurrent urinary tract infection. The values of blood and bacteria were so high, they simply wrote "WOW" on the chart as the numbers were off the charts.

While there he mentioned her weight..that she was heavy, then glanced down to see her last weight. In just two weeks she's lost 15 pounds!!! Sounds like a slimfast commercial to me. He then said, maybe they'd weighed her incorrectly. I suggested that we reweigh her since the previous visit had included 2 or 3 weighings since I could not believe her weight was 126. Well, in the one hour since they'd weighed her and they re-checked her, she lost another three pounds!!!! He then suggested that maybe his scales were in need of repair. I had to agree that maybe they were not quite accurate :)

I do think she may have lost some as she has been very good about eating only what is offered (except for the time she got into Abigail's purse and stole two bags of M&M's before I caught her). Thankfully, she only ate a few before I found out what she was up to. And, with not feeling well, she has not really wanted to eat all of the food offered to her....so she probably has lost some weight.

Due to my being under the weather, neither Princess nor I have gotten in our regular exercise this week, but hopefully next week will be better.

Maybe I should put her on TV......

No comments: