Thursday, April 30, 2009

Maggie Moo trip....

We had a great time on our latest field trip to Maggie Moo's. The children got to make ice cream by pouring cream, vanilla and other stuff into the machine. Ten minutes later....they had vanilla ice cream. They were also able to go behind the counter and scoop ice cream, choose a mix in and then with careful instruction, blend the two...just like the employees. Of course, I think eating it was their favorite part. Afterwards, some of the kiddos enjoying hanging around the fountains at Bridge Street and playing in the water and having a slice of pizza before returning home to finish up school work.our group leader explaining a few things to our group..and the group behind her is making a waffle cone
Abigail pouring the cream mixture into the ice cream machine...
..gotta love those samples...she tried "cake batter" flavored ice cream and said it was very tasty....
...scooping her chocolate ice cream with the help of our group leader.....they were SOOOO nice to the children....
Abigail with her friend "E" trying the ice cream they had just blended...Abigail added cookie dough to hers and E's had Reese's pieces

3 comments:

Christy said...

I didn't know about this field trip for some reason. I guess I need to go to the yahoo page to see what's going on. I just forget to do that because I've got so much other stuff I do (hmm mmm 'facebook') when I'm online. I don't think we would've been able to go anyway, though, but I can't remember the reason for that now. I signed up with FEET and I'm looking forward to more opportunities. The computer class description she sent me was for MS Word, and my kids pretty much know that stuff already, well mainly Haley anyway.

A Squared said...

I wish I was there, but I dont know what I was doing then. :( Great Blog! :p

Michelle said...

What an adorable kid you have! She is growing up WAY too fast.