Monday, August 25, 2008

a good side effect of sickness :)

Thanks again for your prayers during our recovery. Other than taking cough meds at bedtime (when the cough seems to be the worst) and finishing a couple more days of antibiotics, Abigail is doing nicely and is pretty much back to her normal activities.


I think I am pretty close to being able to resume my normal activities. I even mopped the floor this morning...boy did it need it!! Today should be a normal day with a few errands/appointments to tend to after school. Tomorrow should be a day we can stay at home and recover and relax after school is done. While I still feel a bit weak and shaky and short of breath, I think it will take a bit more time to get over those symptoms.

A good side effect of being sick...you usually lose weight. I have really been careful to watch my intake for a couple of months now, and even during the illness I tried to be careful with what I ate. So, as a result, I lost some more weight. I know some is fluid/water weight and I may gain a small amount when I am able to eat/drink normally again, but for now, I am down 18.8 pounds since July 7. During the last 10 days, I have lost 7.4 pounds. I am going to work hard to keep that off and hopefully continue the losses over the long haul.

No comments: