Thursday, August 21, 2008

We are recovering...slowly but surely...

Abigail is doing much better. Of course, she has to finish her antibiotics (not happy about that...they taste bitter) and she will likely be taking cough meds for a bit longer too.

I saw my regular doctor yesterday. I STILL have a sinus/ear infection. But, she gave me a different type of antibiotic, a really good cough medicine, a nasal spray and a recommendation for a great over the counter decongestant. Just a quick little commerical for MUCINEX--it works really well. I could tell an improvement by my second dosage and this morning, I could actually breathe thru my nose. Of course, I need to drink a LOT more water than I have been because I feel like I have cotton in my mouth.

So, we are both recovering. Today will be an 'easy' day. We'll get a few schoolwork related things done and maybe try to hit the new Publix which opened just a short distance from our house yesterday.

Thanks for checking in on us.....and thanks for your prayers for our recovery too:)

2 comments:

Christy said...

It's that time of year, isn't it? Dawson has a cold, but hopefully it won't linger or turn into a sinus infection. I've got him on some herb supplements I bought from my herbalist the other day. I'm taking Echinacea (sp?) to try and keep it away from me. Hope you and Abigail feel better soon.

Mrs. Laura Aquila, the teacher said...

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers. I always get sick in August. I think it's the ragweed. It goes from allergy to sinus infection in record speed every time. With the diabetes, it takes me a little longer to bounce back than it used to...but hopefully I'll be able to do my normal activities after today.