Wednesday, August 13, 2008

We are EXHAUSTED!!!

I don't have any photos, but if I did, you'd see two tired girls here. We did Bible, Math, Spelling and Phonics this morning before heading to Sciquest for a "Jelly Bean" science class. The children learned a lot about the scientific method by using it to observe, predict, test... jelly beans. Needless to say, the sugar rush was apparent soon after the class ended.

Since we were already in town, and our playdate in our neck of the woods we postponed due to illness, we decided to swim on the arsenal after grabbing a quick bite at Chick-fil-a (I LOVE that spicy grilled wrap!!) With all the rain yesterday, the air was fairly cool and the water was VERY cool.....I think they said it was 80 degrees in the water while we were there. After a few hours, we were ready to head to the bowling alley on post.

We bowled two games and enjoyed some pizza while bowling. I was proud of myself..I broke 100 each game...and for me (and my very VERY pitiful bowling skills) that was good.

We headed home and relaxed a bit..then put up a tent in the back yard. We thought the dogs might enjoy having a shady spot since our back yard trees are gone. We also filled the bird feeders and Abigail took a bike ride while I took care of some work I needed to do.

Even though Bruce is 'on the road again', we managed to fill our day and now, I think we'll both rest quite well:)

1 comment:

Christy said...

I'm tired just reading about it!