Monday, July 7, 2008

Biggest Loser

I won't make much of the issue, but if you read this and if you think of me, please say a prayer for me. I am part of an online group (we all have CM/scrapbooking in common) that is currently running a Biggest Loser competition. We have been divided into teams and will work hard on our own for the six week duration to learn and incorporate healthier habits into our lives. Using online accountability, we will check in with each other and report our weight losses, loss of inches, exercise totals, challenges faced and how we overcame those...... I can see that this would be a great opportunity to allow the Lord to shine....please pray that I will have wisdom in my communications with the ladies on my team.



For those of you who know me well, you know that I have diabetes. I take medicines for that as well as medicines for some related conditions and for preventative measures (ie., blood pressure meds for protecting my kidneys). I would love to get to the point that I had to take little/no medicine.....or at best, I could reduce the dosages I am taking.



I am undergoing this challenge from July 7-August 18 and my goals are to lose 8-10 pounds, increase the veggies in my diet, work in some strength/resistance training and to learn and actually implement healthier habits.

My team number is 11....so when you see an 11...just pray for me.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I thought I would give you the name and number of an herbalist that I use. She will have alternatives to the medicine you're having to take. Of course, you should pray about it first and research it. Anyway, the herbal supplements and minerals that I take have helped me tremendously. I don't have diabetes or HBP, but I have struggled with severe migraines and depression. Linda has helped me with both. She is a God-send! Here's the information:

Linda Lucas
Creative Healing
515 Pratt Avenue
Huntsville, AL 35801
256-535-4447
or toll free 877-842-4325

Linda is a lovely Christian lady and will be thrilled to help you, it's her passion. Her first evaluation fee is $50. She spends a long time with each client and is extremely easy to talk to.

Mrs. Laura Aquila, the teacher said...

THANKS for this info! I am sure it will be helpful. I have done a lot of research, but never found the right person to work with on herbal/natural remedies, as most I have heard of/met in our area are too new age for me. Thanks again!