Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My little mermaid



Abigail is currently taking swimming lessons at the pool on the arsenal. She has taken lessons (once as a preschooler and twice during first grade). We felt it was important to get her in the water and learning the missing skills again. So, when we joined the pool on base, we signed up for lessons. Since she did not complete level two at the other place we took lessons, I assumed that is where she needed to be. But, during her first lesson, the instructor took her to level three to be part of that group. If we hit a bump in the road, they'll move her back to level two, but I think she is gonna be okay. She LOVES her goggles, so I had to capture that look. She is also doing some water treading in the lower photo with one of her instructors cheering her on. She also told me today that the girl with 'brown skin' is her friend now:) She is so funny....she still describes people by their skin colors (not in public, but when talking to me).

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like most of the kids are a good bit older than her??? It is good that they assessed her skill level and were able to move her up and will readjust if necessary. I hope she learns a lot and enjoys it too.

Cool goggles!

Mrs. Laura Aquila, the teacher said...

I think she is the youngest one by at least 1.5 years. I think the class pretty much ranges from 10-13 years of age. I am glad that they reassess daily and make adjustments as needed, though I did not notice anyone being moved today, so maybe they are 'set'?