Saturday, July 12, 2008

This week..........

This week has gone very quickly in some respects and very slowly in others. It has been a very full week in more ways that one.

On Monday I was able to get an official diagnosis (sort of) on my foot problems. I am now using a fitted orthodic device in my athletic shoes a few hours a day to resolve the issue. I'll be checking back in with the doctor in a few weeks to see if the device is working or if there are other issues at work. It is entirely possible that I am also dealing with a second issue, but the best way to know is to treat the first problem and see which symptoms improve and which, if any, do not. I am SO grateful for health insurance when it comes to things like this. Yes, there are co-pays and such, but being able to pay a "discounted" amount means I can get the help I need as opposed to not getting help at all or delaying treatment.

On Tuesday I was able to help a friend who had a surgical procedure done. Not only did I get to transport her, but I got to help with her children for the day. Thankfully, my neighbor was very eager to allow my child to do school work at her house while I did the transporting. That was a good thing since the whole thing took a lot longer than the medical staff had originally indicated. We had a full and fun day with her family and she got some much needed rest at home...alone..with no one arguing or asking her a million questions . My child enjoyed her children a great deal...and wants to play again soon.

Wednesday was busy with appointments. I met a really neat fellow named Paul. He is a pedorthist (the one who fitted my shoes with the metatarsal bar/pad). He was sharing about his children and how he changed from a higher paying job as a chemist to a lower paying job as a self employed pedorthist because the new job allowed him to be with his family more and also to be in attendance at church on Sundays and Wednesdays (unlike his previous job where he had to work one or the other and sometimes both). You have to admire people like that who will sacrifice so many things to reach those higher goals they have.

Thursday we stayed home! That is good because there were many things to tend to around here and I barely scraped the surface. But, I did get the most urgent things done so that is a good thing:)

Friday was full of errands and busy-ness. Kim , our awesome babysitter, had returned from 3 week trip earlier in the week, so we were able to have her watch Abigail for a long session during the day. When she left, Abigail and I were able to join Bruce for dinner out as a family. Then, we just hung out and enjoyed each other's company for the rest of the evening.

Oh, there were a LOT of other things that happened during the week, but we survived them all:)


I have completed almost a week on the Biggest Loser Challenge I am currently doing. And, even with a few instances of being 'out' and needing to get a bite, I made wise choices and did not overshoot my calorie/carb/fat....limits even once. For me, that is pretty remarkable!!

Also, I have enjoyed my time with the Lord this week. I am part of a study group doing The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian. This has been SO awesome for me to see all the ways I can pray for Bruce. But, as I have prayed more and spent more time in the Word, I have definitely felt the enemy's attacks. While that is not any fun, it is a reminder that I am where God wants me to be.

This next week promises to be busy as well. Looks like we'll be on the go every day. I promise to take photos and post them later on:)

No comments: